Sunday, December 16, 2012

16 December

Putting the P in Crap

Yesterday I had the chance to mess around with the CRAP200 route. Been mulling over how to get from the other side of the Broad River and back to the start in Forest Acres, with little success. Had thought mostly about skirting the northern edge of town, but couldn't really figure out a route, maybe because I don't ride that area much. But yesterday I rode from the house out to Peak, and realized that my best bet was to come straight downtown and then shoot back out on commuter routes to Forest Acres. It means about 4 miles on Broad River Road to get across I20 and the river, and it also means a butt-load of lights on Sumter, but the trade off is the Statehouse and campus. I think it will work.

Downtown Peak. A bustling metropoplis.
Photobucket

The sneaky little back road out of Peak. Has a nasty little climb -- too much for a pic.
Photobucket

Photobucket

A Bee Effing crane in the distance from the top of the climb. I wonder what they're building?
Photobucket

Country road between Peak and Columbia
Photobucket

Controls are a challenge on this route. Might use this. There's a tall monument in the cemetery with a lot of words on it -- people may have to write down one of those words. And there's water in the back.
Photobucket

Another church about a mile down the road
Photobucket

More pastoral terrain
Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally 176/Broad River Road to cross I20 and the river and get back into town.
Photobucket

Sumter St heading towards the capital. I do wish the city traffic engineer would time things so you could get through more than two lights without hitting a red.
Photobucket

Statehouse
Photobucket

And campus
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment