Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pisgahed

24 October 2012

Took last Friday off to ride Pisgah with some friends I've never met. Drove up Thursday night, but arrived late and they were already asleep. After a couple of beers and watching the stars until I started to feel the chill, I crashed in the back of the car, waking at sunrise to see movement in the camp. Emily was feeling a bit under the weather, but Adrian/the Baron was up so we had a leisurely breakfast-and-coffee chat, and became aquainted. Knowing someone on line for ~10 years isn't the same as knowing them in person.

Then we went for a ride. I had fun getting schooled, and hopefully Adrian had fun schooling me. And the colors couldn't have been nicer. We went up Laurel, down Pilot, then over to Slate. Then back to camp where Emily was up and about and we got a chance to hang out more. Eventually it was time for me to head to Atlanta and they to the Double Dare start, so about 4 we all got on our way and that was that.

Did I mention the colors?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment