Friday, February 3, 2012

31 miles tonight on the Trek in lower Lexington. Also, lots of bike maintenance things went on this week. Swapped the bar and stem from the Allez to the Trek since the deep drop Cinelli I was running before never made me happy and the stem, though lovely (also Cinelli), made me nervous. So I bought a new bar and stem for the Allez, which will make it very similar in set up to the Trek, but maybe with longer drops for my hands (which I don't like on the Trek bars). Also got an Ultegra compact crank for the Allez from Tim at Summit. $400. Ouch. External bearings and the works. A brave new world, and probably worth every penny. Finally, put an Avid mech on the back of the Voodoo to match the one on the front, and swapped my old Speed V for the Bontrager saddle I won at Baker's Dozen. We'll see how my butt feels on it.

Oh, and a new chain for the 48t chainring on the Trek. I put the 48 on a couple of weeks ago, replacing the 45t (and chain) that has been on there for a couple of years now. Current gear is a 48x18, which feels pretty good.

Another Oh. Ordered a new seatpost for the Trek from Cycle Center. The 30+ year old Nuevo Record has been making my sphincter pucker every time I get spinny and bouncy.



No comments:

Post a Comment